Buccaneer Athletic Training
My name is Erin Clark ("CC") and I am the Athletic Trainer here at BHS. Athletic trainers (AT's) are considered highly qualified, multi-skilled health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions (NATA.org). My mission is to adequately provide these services to our athletes here at Branford High.
Here at BHS I provide athletic training services to all sports teams within the athletic deptartment. Please see the steps below, which are used to help our student athletes deal with any injuries or illnesses that may arise as a result of participating in high school sports.
- If an athlete experiences an injury or illness, the athletic trainer ("CC") and coach are to be notified, so that proper steps can be taken for diagnosis and treatment.
- Student- Athletes are responsible for reporting for treatment and care in the Athletic Training clinic, as directed by CC.
- Should an athlete need to be seen by a physician, CC will contact the parents or guardians and make professional suggestions for referrals to the health care providers that we have active working relationships with. (Parents always have the option to take thier athlete to any doctor, but the process may be expedited if CC can make arrangements through doctors familiar with our sports programs)
- Student- Athletes are responsible for bringing a copy of any Doctor's notes they receive to CC.
The Athletic Training Clinic is located within the BHS Gym and is open to student athletes on: Mon-Thurs @ 7:45-8:05am Mon-Friday @ 3:00-4:30pm
I will provide athletic training services at all HOME athletic competitions.
It is a blessing to be at my alma mater helping to build a strong athletic department. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
Erin T. Clark "CC"
BS Athletic Training, LAT, ATC
Buccaneer Fuel Station
- Fundraising to help support the athletic training budget, where all money raised goes into purchasing supplies for the AT clinic.